Natural fertility support to start growing your beautiful family
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine offer a natural way to assist you with conception and IVF support.
Are you ready to start a family? Or have you been trying to fall pregnant for a while? No matter what stage you are at in your fertility journey, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture may be of benefit.
At The ON Acupuncture Clinic, we offer Fertility Acupuncture in Perth, IVF Perth & an integrative approach to healthcare, working alongside other healthcare practitioners when required to achieve your goals. With an emphasis on holistic care, we are also able to support your emotional balance and general wellbeing during what can be a very stressful time.
CAUSES OF INFERTILITY
Infertility can be caused by many factors or disease states in both men and women including:
- Ovulation disorders: irregular ovulation or no ovulation at all resulting in PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome), premature ovarian insufficiency
- Hormonal imbalances
- Poor egg quality
- Uterine or cervical issues: Fibroids, polyps, uterine abnormalities, cervical stenosis and mucus problems in the cervix
- low sperm count
- sperm abnormalities
- and other factors
The aim of fertility acupuncture Perth is to support your body’s natural processes no matter where you are in your journey.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) takes a holistic approach to promoting fertility, which incorporates mind, body and spirit. Fertility acupuncture is only one aspect of treatment, with your TCM practitioner also likely to provide support by:
- Chinese Medicine diagnosis
- Interpretation of Biomedical test results
- Recommending lifestyle modifications
- Suggesting dietary changes
- Discussing the various emotional factors with you
IVF SUPPORT ACCORDING TO DIFFERENT STAGES OF CYCLE
Before (3 months prior to cycle)
Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture treatment can be used;
- For women, improve blood circulation and regulate menstrual cycle
- Prepare body condition to obtain healthy egg quality
- for men, improve sperm quality & quantity
DURING IVF CYCLE
– The treatment aims to optimise follicle development and the quality of uterine environment, in addition to regulate body’s response to medications.
– Research demonstrates a significant improvement in the IVF pregnancy and live birth rates for those who receive acupuncture treatments before and after embryo transfer. Clinically, we perform acupuncture treatments 12 – 24 hours before and after embryo transfer. The aim is to reduce stress and relax the mind and body, regulate blood flow to the uterus to relaxing uterine muscles, and thickening uterine lining to promote implantation.
AFTER (ONCE PREGNANT)
You are encouraged to continue with treatment to prevent miscarriages and support early stage of pregnancy with minimising common symptoms.
The following links to the articles below for those who would like to see but one of the things the research showed was that acupuncture performed prior to and on the day of embryo transfer improved IVF outcomes
CAN I GET ACUPUNCTURE WHILE UNDERGOING OTHER TREATMENTS?
Yes. Acupuncture may be used alone or as an adjunct therapy to other fertility treatment methods. It is generally considered safe when provided by a registered TCM practitioner, providing natural support throughout your fertility journey.
DOES MY PARTNER NEED TO ACCOMPANY ME?
We do encourage both partners to receive acupuncture treatment to support optimal fertility health.