Acupuncture is a safe and gentle way to optimise your health and keep your body in balance throughout pregnancy and the postpartum time. Every pregnancy is unique, and Chinese Medicine’s rich and complex diagnostic system honors this complexity of motherhood. Consider acupuncture for pregnancy.
At The ON Acupuncture, we meet expectant mothers exactly where they are in the moment, whether encountering first trimester morning sickness, managing the aches and pains of a body in motion, or preparing for the incredible work of childbirth.
Studies show that acupuncture for pregnancy as a routine pre-birth treatment leads to less medical intervention and more efficient childbirth. Acupuncture induction was recently shown in a study to reduce medical inductions by 35-43%, epidurals by 31% and emergency Cesareans by 32%.
The following pregnancy-related concerns are treated by our acupuncture for pregnancy services:
- Morning Sickness
- Threatened Miscarriage
- Pregnancy-Related Fatigue
- Anxiety & Depression
- Acid Reflux
- Muscle and tendon pain, including pain of the back, hips, pelvis, and wrists (carpal tunnel)
- Breech Baby Presentation
- Labour Preparation and Natural Induction
- Dermatological Conditions
- Post-Partum Recovery, including support for anxiety, depression, fatigue, constipation, insomnia, pain, and more
- Lactation Issues including low milk supply and mastitis